Friday, May 15, 2009

Farewell, Anna

I was disappointed to find out that Anna Quindlen will no longer be a contributing columnist for Newsweek Magazine. This was her last "Last Word" column. My practice has always been as soon as my Newsweek arrives to flip to the back page and read her wise words. She was a voice of reason during the last political era, and her perspective on motherhood is always so poignant and honest, particularly in this piece which my friend Marcy reminded me of recently. Makes me cry every time. I'm sure she will continue to analyze and write about current events, and I can use this opportunity to finally read some of her books. But I'll miss the convenience and instant satisfaction of finding her up-to-the-minute thoughts and opinions in my mailbox every Tuesday. A fond farewell to you, Anna.

No comments: