Thursday, June 10, 2010

My New Happy Place

Last week, I needed to shop for a special gift for my mom (Happy Retirement, Mom!). So I decided to check out a newish boutique in town called Rosamariposa. While there, my heart did about twenty backflips because I found my mom a perfectly whimsical gift, AND I found some of the most unique and stylish jewelry I've seen in a while at seriously rock bottom prices. We're talking $5 earrings and $10 necklaces aplenty. For imported, all natural, and sustainable pieces that beg to be worn. When I asked the owner about her prices, she just said, "I like to keep things simple." That's my kind of simplicity. I let Snook have my camera to keep her occupied while I shopped. Here are some of her images, but I urge you to take a look at the website for a slightly less abstract take on why I'm so enamored. There are also cute shoes, bags, tunics, scarves and hats, sans the sticker shock you'll experience at most boutiques. It really is a very happy place that I pretty much am looking for any excuse to go back to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. You've been busy. Like all your blogs :)

Tina M said...

Sounds like a great store! I want to go with you next time. :-)

Heidi said...

Marcy: Thanks! You've been missed.

Tina: It is. We HAVE to do a Little Italy playdate next time. Marcy too. We'll go to Mimmo's where you can feed yourself and the kids for $8.97 on a garden patio. And then go for cheap yogurt and a park. Can't wait!