Monday, June 14, 2010

The Zumba's Gonna Get You

My new favorite thing to do on Thursday nights is --- Zumba! Have you tried it? From what I've gathered, you just dance your ass off to salsa, merengue, samba, hip hop, whatever your teacher has on his or her playlist really. And supposedly if you do it right, you can burn 1000 calories in an hour. Yep, I love Zumba. And what's more, Zumba loves me. The first week, the instructor asked me if I was a dancer. Awww! The second week, he asked me to lead the class in a combination. Stop! And the third week, another dancer asked me if I was Brazilian. Too, too kind! So you see why I'm hooked. It's good for the body AND the ego. Mostly I am so happy to have this release and to be dancing again in an environment where I don't look too (how do I put this nicely?) out of place. Now if only I had a zumba buddy . . .

1 comment:

Cate said...

I have been looking for good Zumba in SD. I tried a class a few years ago and it paled in comparison to one I had taken in my hometown in MA (please tell me the suburbs of Boston don't beat us in Latin dance!) I'll have to give it another shot, thanks for the inspiraciĆ³n.