Sunday, July 17, 2011

Time Machine Post #2

So let's take another quick spring break, if you don't mind . . .
Snook perfected her Pippa impersonation.
There was a never a day she came home from preschool without multi-colored hands.
My friend showed me how to make some kick-ass fried rice.

The H made some kick-ass guacamole.

I showed a lot of people my daughter's rustic-barn sketch.

This homemade wedge salad was sinfully good.

Bubs took our neighbor's niece to prom.  Just kidding.

There was a crab and butternut squash bisque topped with creme fraiche and caviar.

Nothing made him happier than this coin-operated ice cream truck.

I went to see my Zumba coach do her belly dance thing.

She was incredible.

I got coffee from this crazy place in my 'hood.

On the day the world was supposed to end.

Thankfully, it didn't.

Her sweet tooth didn't get any better.
In fact, it extended to her musical taste.  Aaaaagh!
Tri-colored greens struck me as very photogenic.
I had a good chuckle at the name of this nearby historic landmark on a walk with Bubs.
And gawked at the beauty of this garden trellis.
Me and my girl...
....baked these cookies.  Again and again.  With an M&M flourish.
She celebrated her last day of preschool.  Sniff.
We ate our first al fresco meal of the season.
The H got fancy.  Heaven!
I drank water out of this beautiful mason jar.
We went to nearby botanical gardens.
With one of my very best friends.
Where he never let go of this stick.
And we cooled ourselves by this cascading waterfall.
While she posed pretty much everywhere.
We went to the San Diego County Fair.  Twice.
It was fun.
Albeit exhausting.

We went to a baseball game.

And celebrated Memorial Day.
Which brings us to summer!  My favorite season!  And what a summer it's been so far.  But wait, I'm still getting ahead of myself just a little bit . . .

Photos via Instagram

1 comment:

180360 said...

Such fun photos Heidi! I am SO glad I got to see you and meet your gorgeous children.