Thursday, July 7, 2011

Total Makeover

Las Ramblas
I'm so excited to welcome you to Las Ramblings, formerly known as Snook 'n' Bubs.  I decided my blog, like my children, had outgrown its original name and just about everything else. So I set out to think of a new name, and after a while Las Ramblings popped into my head. It seemed to accurately describe what I tend to do in this blog- ramble, wander and daydream.  It also reminded me of  Las Ramblas, the famous collection of streets in Barcelona.  I spent a semester of college in Barcelona, and that city remains one of the loves of my life.  I was so happy there, I would literally skip down the street. 

My beautiful graphic designer friend, Heidi, helped me with this blog makeover.  She and I thought through the name-change, and she designed the masthead for me!  The pattern you see is a close-up of a street map of Barcelona.  So clever!  It makes me think of wandering down unfamiliar streets, going places I've never been, and trying everything once.  I love the watercolor wash, and how she incorporated my tag line- Noting All Things Bundles, Bites and Bliss- into the design.  I still have some tinkering to do, but the hardest part is over, and I could not be happier.  If you have any blog-makeover or graphic-design needs, you should definitely contact her.  And be sure to treat yourself to her one-of-a-kind, inspirational blog.  Thank you, sweet Heidi!

5 comments:

torrie said...

Such a cool header, and I love the reasoning/thought behind it too! :)

Alice Q. Foodie said...

Awesome! I love it! I should definitely give Heidi a jingle. I've done all my blog formatting myself, and it has some little bugs in it that I've never quite been able to work out!

Karen said...

Well, hello there! I was wondering where you went off to (I've taken a break from blogging and figured you had, too).
Wishing you much happiness with your new blog. :)

180360 said...

I just read your post over at Jora's! Love the new look and name.

Heidi said...

Thank you for the positive feedback, ladies. :) Alice, I hope you do give Heidi a call. She's very good at this stuff.