Tuesday, September 1, 2009

C-A-R-E-F-U-L

I don't think this happens as much with modern-day computer keyboards. But if you look at the keypads on an old typewriter, you can usually tell which letters got the most use by how faded they are. Sometimes when I'm with the kids, I imagine that if I was a retired, antique typewriter, these letters would be completely rubbed off: C-A-R-E-F-U-L. Because that's all I ever seem to say. Ever. Bubs is standing on the backyard swing. Careful. Snook is jumping precariously close to the edge of the bed. Careful. Bubs is running around the slippery hardwood floors, dripping wet from his bath. Careful. Snook is diving head first over the back of the couch. Careful. Bubs is laying on top of the cat. Careful. Snook is putting one of the H's belts around Bubs' neck. Careful. On and on and so it goes. I suppose a broken record would have worked just as well.

No comments: