Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Think I Can, I Think I Can

I'm proud to say I've been a member of my college alumnae book club's San Diego chapter for about four years now. Thanks to this club, I've read some fantastic books I never would have picked up otherwise. And even more thankfully, this is how I met one of my dearest girlfriends (and most faithful blog-readers), Amy. As Amy can attest, we both stuck with book club through our first pregnancies and even throughout the birthing and early parenting of our first-born daughters (only 5 weeks apart!). Why, we even brought our girls (and our Hooter Hiders) with us to a couple of meetings. But after baby #2 came along for both us, well, there went book club. Until now! The March book club date is on my calendar.

This book is on my night stand. And Jora's reminder is fresh in my mind. I am going to read this book, and Amy and I are going to our book club meeting in March. Or at least I hope so. Marcy, are you in? Strength in numbers, people. Choo choo!

3 comments:

Krista said...

i am reading his other book In Defense of Food - great read and really makes you want to eat local.

Unknown said...

Heidi, I actually would love to read this book. It looks sooo good. It's too bad I work Sundays now. Tell them to keep me on their email and at least I can get what's on their list. My next step is to actually pick one up and open it!!!

Alice Q. Foodie said...

That is a great book - it will really open your eyes, at least it did mine. (I'm also especially proud of the fact that I read it while commuting on the trolley - even though I gave that up soon after!)