Saturday, February 21, 2009

Picture This

A looooong time ago, I came across this post on Jora's blog and had one of those now-why-didn't-I-think-of-that moments. The topic was family photos and how to display them without cluttering every square inch of surface area in your home with frames. The solution I pounced on, offered by way of Domino, was to simply tack your photos up on a bulletin board in a casual, collage kind of way.

Like this! Just my style! So I convinced the H to run over to an office supply store with me in search of a bulletin board. Unimpressed by the selection of bulletin boards we found though, we opted instead for six 12X12 inch cork boards, which we then mounted on the wall in a kitchen-tile-type configuration.

And tada! My interpretation of the Domino family photo display. In its current iteration. It has been updated several times over the past few months, including recently serving as our holiday photo card display area. But that's the beauty of it. It's multi-purpose and it's easy up, easy down. Better still, no more agonizing over which photos are frame-worthy, or worse still, which frames to buy and where the heck to put them all. Picture this problem solved!

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i like your take on this collage with the boards next to each other!