Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Smart Art

Everyone knows how expensive framed art can be. Both the frame and the art will set you back quite a ways. Well, last summer, one of my favorite children's stores of all time, ZuZu's Petals, fell victim to these hard economic times and announced they were closing their doors. And selling their doors. Okay, maybe not their doors, but everything, and they did mean everything, had to go. So sad. This is a place that held weekly story times on a beautiful braided rug, kept flower pots on the back porch with children's names on them so they could water their seedlings whenever they stopped in, offered a basket of sidewalk chalk at the entrance for kids to decorate the walkway with, and sponsored Easter egg hunts on the front lawn. Such a loss. So I felt like I needed something to remember this charming place by, and I can't pass up a bargain, so I ran over. And when I saw this on the wall . . .

. . . I knew I had to have it for the nursery. Especially at the rock bottom price of $20. As it turns out, however, this may not necessarily have been such a bargain. Because, would you believe it, this isn't a print. It's framed wrapping paper! How smart is that?! Just find a sheet of wrapping paper you like at a nice stationery store, pop it in a frame you happen to have laying around, and voila! Framed art! Had to share this great idea.

I also couldn't resist this little bistro table and folding chairs set where Snook sometimes chose to sit during story hour.

Bubs enjoys sitting there too now. Still mourning the loss of that place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! that Framed Art Looking great.You can find more from Spacify.