Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ballerina Girl

Probably from the moment I learned Snook was a girl, I dreamed about the day I'd take her to her first ballet lesson. (I'd take Bubs too, but have you met my husband?) Maybe I am more excited about this than most because ballet was my all-time favorite extracurricular from the time I was four-years-old until around early high school, with a college class or two thrown in for good measure.

Well, I've been hyping up the ballet thing so much that for the past three months or so, Snook has been telling everyone that when she turns three she'll get to eat peanuts (overly cautious pediatrician), drive a car (at the Legoland driving school), and --- take ballet. That day is finally here! She starts a pre-ballet class in about a week, which of course was a great excuse for my mom and me to go shopping last weekend. Boy was my poor mom fighting back the waterworks the whole time BTW. The "passing of the torch" was her sentimental comment, I believe.
Anyway, these are Snook's ballet slippers.
These are her ballet tights.
And she got a few of these sweet little ballet leotard/skirt combos in pink, yellow and lavendar.
We've also been mentally preparing ourselves with nightly readings of the adventures of Angelina Ballerina.

Stay tuned for pictures of Snook at her first class. Just watching her twirl around the house in anticipation, I already feel like such a proud stage mom. She says she's going to close her eyes when she dances, which I think is a good sign that she's in the zone. Either that or she will be extremely clutzy! Only one cure for that. More ballet lessons!

3 comments:

Krista said...

I too am living for the day I can put Maia in a tutu and take her to her first ballet class! I want to hear all about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see those pics! There is nothing cuter than a tiny ballerina! And isn't the smell of the ballet studio just wonderful!?

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

i wish it were acceptable to still dress like a ballerina. too funny that you went to scripps (and yes, i dated a stag at the time!). next time i'm in san diego, E.D. is a must! :)