Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Does My Heart Good


#1 (shorthand for my husband, so I'll keep his ranking in mind) came back from dropping off Snook at preschool this morning looking a little proud. Naturally, I asked him what was up. He told me the following:

Snook and he got to school a little later than usual because they went out to breakfast beforehand. When they finally arrived, one of the teachers was comforting a little boy who was in tears. This boy was apparently so distraught, his mother was still there trying every trick up her sleeve to get him to calm down.

In walks my Snook. The teacher looked up, saw her and said, "See, there she is. I told you she was coming today." The little boy instantly dried his eyes and disentangled himself from the teacher. Snook breezed by him to go play with something or other. #1 said the little boy trotted after her, totally at peace, never once looking back at the teacher or his mom.

My heart is doing somersaults knowing that Snook is helping to make a little boy happier at school. Maybe I'll get lucky and some independent, know-it-all little girl (with a heart of gold) will help my Bubs some day. It was a good day to be a Mom.

No comments: