Sunday, June 21, 2009

Models at the Met

There is a very slight chance I might get to go to New York this summer. Since I'm an optimist by nature, I've already started planning my itinerary. Up first (aside from visiting dear relatives), a visit to the Met to see a special exhibition entitled The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion. Models have always held a guilty fascination for me. On the one hand, they beautifully combine my appreciation for the female form and my love for all things girly. Oh to go through life with perfect lighting, perfect angles and perfect clothes. But I'm also well-versed in the controversies the industry generates. I did graduate from a women's college after all. Oh well, I can still see myself whiling away a blissful afternoon in the gallery staring at these standout images . . . Twiggy in Yves Saint Laurent Linda Evangelista in Guess (American founded 1981) and Virginia Kate Moss in Helmut Lang Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Tatjana Patitz, Christy Turlington, and Cindy Crawford in Giorgio di Sant' Angelo Naomi Campbell in Geoffrey Beene

Here's the next best thing to being there . . .

We all have to indulge once in a while.

No comments: