Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sweet Somethings No. 6

Usually when we ask Snook what she wants to be when she grows up she tells us a librarian. Which I don't get because none of the librarians she's ever come across have been particularly inspiring. Kind of grumpy and put-upon if you ask me. Hopefully we'll find a nice one soon. But the other day our conversation took the following unexpected turn:

S: When I grow up I'm going to be a big lady.
Me: Yes, but what do you want be when you grow up, as in what kind of work would you like to do?
S: I'm not going to go to work.
Me (eyebrows raised): Oh really.
S: No, I'm going to stay home and take care of Dashy (aka Bubs) while you go to work.

Tell me that wasn't darling (and a little guilt-inducing).

1 comment:

Alice Q. Foodie said...

I love that she calls him Dashy - that is too cute. I would love to meet her someday!