Monday, January 12, 2009

Above and Beyond

#1 went above and beyond the husband call of duty last night, let me tell you. Not only did he stay home with the kids while I went out for a delightful Supper Club/Golden Globes gathering at foodie friend Alice's lovely home, he prepared the dish that gained me admission into said gathering.


Steamed mussels with sausages and fennel. It tasted even better than it looked. And it went perfectly with the other attendees' scrumptious offerings. Those supper club ladies, minus myself (a.k.a. The Impostor), sure know how to cook.

And the dishing didn't stop with the food. Seriously, move over Fashion Police. Our group left no hairstyle unfluffed, no gown unripped, no spray tan unscorched. Brutal, just brutal. But, of course, such good, girly fun.

Was #1 upset about me taking his food and running last night? Not if tonight's supper was any indication. He used the leftover mussels and fennel from last night's dish to make this yummy cioppino for our grown-up dinner. Above and beyond. Above and beyond.

3 comments:

Alice Q. Foodie said...

That mussel stew was soo good - and what a smart way to use the leftovers! Maybe No. 1 wants to join supper club! ;-)

Looking forward to seeing you at the next one!

jora said...

Wow. I need me a #1.

Heidi said...

Alice: I'll ask him! Ditto!

Jora: I needed me a "B," but that was taken. ;-)