Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hooray for Fro Yo

Is everyone else enjoying the recent proliferation of frozen yogurt shops as much as I am? I remember there was a time way back when that you couldn't pass a strip mall without seeing a Heidi's Frogen Yozurt (my personal favorite), a Penguin's, or a little mom and pop yogurt shop. Then, there was a backlash against "fake" desserts, and just like that, they all disappeared.

Well they're back, with a vengeance. I think I can walk from my house to no fewer than five or six of them, including my new personal favorite, Pinkberry, which I believe is in large part responsible for the resurgence in popularity. You're all familiar by now with the buzz and the controversy that have swirled around this particular little swirl shop. I don't care about all that. I just care that it's close by, really yummy, and is the perfect place for my good friend, Amy, and I to stop and get our girls a frozen treat before walking back to my house after a hot playdate at the park. Whenever they gripe about leaving the jungle gym, we say, "Fro yo?" and they say, "Hooray!" Works every time.


Here Snook is with her friend (since birth), Ellie, about a week ago enjoying originals with chocolate chips. Happy, no? Yummy, yes!

No comments: