Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holiday Card Conundrum

The beautiful holiday cards we received this past year are still on display in our house. But it's getting to be time to take them down, leaving me with the same dilemma everyone else has about what to do with all of them. I have cards from the last couple of years stuffed in a folder, but that hardly seems like the best way to go.

I talked about this with my sister-in-law not that long ago, and she gave me a really good suggestion, which I thought could be useful to other people as well. She had heard of the idea to make a collage of the photo cards on scrapbook pages, and then to insert those pages into a special "holiday card" album specially dedicated to that purpose. If you added to this album every year, it would make for a really nice way to keep up with people as their children and families continue to grow.


She also sent me the link to the above site, which has some other really good ideas for what to do with the non-photo cards, most of which look very doable, even if you're like me, and not super crafty. I think I'm partial to the mobile, the napkin rings, or the Christmas letters. We'll see how it goes . . .

1 comment:

Krista said...

i have been sticking mine in a box for the past few years - this a a much better idea!