Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Benefit of the Doubt

There's a new bulletin board up in Snooks' preschool classroom entitled "ARTIC ZONE." You read that right. "ARTIC ZONE" (except without the quotation marks). Now there is no question that "Artic" is misspelled. The question that's been bugging me for about a week, since no correction has been made, is whether that is an inadvertent misspelling or whether it is a punny, poetic licensy, intentional kind of misspelling. Because the bulletin board is displaying the children's drawings of polar bears, penguins and walruses. In other words, their art. Get it.

I really want to give Snooks' teachers the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe I should just ask one of them. Best case, they'd be happy I appreciated their play on words. Worst case, though, they'd be annoyed by my nitpickiness. Nope, I love them too much, I can't risk being thought of as THAT parent, and I honestly believe it is intentional (and pretty clever). Yep, I'm going with the benefit of the doubt.

P.S. Please ignore any misspellings and/or made-up words in this post (and in this entire blog for that matter).

No comments: